Tuesday 30 July 2024

(Tutorial) Easy Texture swap for VRChat (Poiyomi Shader)

 Hello Hello!
This tutorial is a little different from my usual stuff, but I felt like sharing this method since some people might find it useful, so yeah!


NOTES (IMPORTANT)

There are a few downsides to this method, so before commenting I recommend reading this note:
  1. This method is PC only (Sorry questies!)
  2. This method only allows 4 swaps
  3. This method only seems to work with the albedo (base colour) texture. eg: if you want to swap from a skin to a material with metal, this method won't work (according to my knowledge)
  4. It is recommended to use the latest version of Poiyomi Shader
  5. This tutorial isn't perfect and I'm not the best at explaining. which is why I linked a video to help with animating your toggles. (scroll down)

Step 1

Go to your material and go to "Decals", pick "Decal 0" and insert your new texture into the color. messing with the "Alpha" slider will let you switch to your new texture.

You're done with the material setup!

You may be wondering what's next, well here's a tutorial by Sipp's Avatar Box. Making the animations and stuff is basically the same as in this video, just do the decal alpha slider instead of the hue shift slider! :3


No comments:

Post a Comment

(Tutorial) Easy Texture swap for VRChat (Poiyomi Shader)

 Hello Hello! This tutorial is a little different from my usual stuff, but I felt like sharing this method since some people might find it u...