Thursday 11 July 2024

Eevee rendering guide (Blender 4.1)

 Hello! I felt like writing, so I'm making this guide/tutorial. I'm also making this because I want to help those who can't render in Cycles or whatever the case may be. If you wish for your Eevee renders to look better, this tutorial is for ya! let's get started!

Before we start we should take a look at the render with default settings and the one with modified settings. Just to see what you're in for


Note: I will not be covering every section in this post

Alright, Time to get started!


Ambient Occlusion

Let's talk about Ambient Occlusion (AO). Ambient Occlusion basically creates small/fake shadows to add realism. You may come across AO maps on 3D models, those maps add extra details so make sure to add them to your materials if you have them! Depending on your scene, you might need to tweak the distance and other settings. For my render, I used these settings:


Bloom

Bloom basically adds the glowing effect. I personally recommend setting the threshold to a lower volume because It adds a nice look to renders. You may want to play around with Bloom as all types of changes will give all types of looks! So feel free to play around!

here are my settings for the render in this guide!

Depth of Field

*Note: Depth of Field has not been used for the render in this guide.

Depth of Field adds some extra blur in your image. This may sound bad but can be used for adding a blurry background or something else. I personally don't modify these settings often, so I don't know too much about them. If you want to learn more, I recommend watching a video


Screen Space Reflections

Screen Space Reflections adds better reflections and is HIGHLY recommended to use when using mirrors or glass materials in your render. Make sure to keep this on when doing ANYTHING with reflections or glass in Eevee. Note that in order for glass to work correctly, you need to tick the "Reflection" box.

Curves (optional)

I personally recommend setting this to "strip" because it allows you to have more control over hair particles (and gives the cycles look!)

Shadows

Increasing the sizes will increase the shadow resolution, causing them to be more realistic. however, this might increase render time and sometimes cause problems for weaker devices. so feel free to use lower settings!

Indirect Lighting

This section requires modifications to your scene (kinda). I'm not too sure how to explain this part but I found a video that shows what I do.
I highly recommend watching it!


That's it for now!

Thanks for taking your time to read this! It's not a perfect post by any means by I wanted to show how I do my eevee renders to help some people get better results! Have a wonderful day and feel free to comment below any questions you may have! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Tutorial) Easy Texture swap for VRChat (Poiyomi Shader)

 Hello Hello! This tutorial is a little different from my usual stuff, but I felt like sharing this method since some people might find it u...